Wednesday, March 31, 2010
All this rain had flooded everything, including our basement. But alas, it has me thinking of the Spring/Summer. Maine is so beautiful. Things I am looking forward to:
1. The farmers market at Deering Oaks. Just a few blocks away, I love buying fresh flowers and placing a bouquet in every room.
2. Grilling and eating a late dinner on the back porch.
3. Guerilla flower picking on the side of the road.
4. Beach Combing.
5. Eating fish and chips, although I try to make this a year long activity. No need to deny oneself.
6. Opening the windows, and being able to keep them open all night.
7. Laying in the hammock at my Mom's house.
9. Spring cleaning, yes I enjoy this. In Feng Shui, we call it 'space clearing', sounds much cooler.
10. Yard Sales!
AND, at the very end of summer, our Baby Bouton arrives. This is what I am looking forward to most. What a trip.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
So, unknown to me until now, are these crazy maternal instincts and nesting compulsions. I am sure they will only get worse, but they have completely taken over and I have decided not to fight them. Hence the polka dot cushion on this chair. Once an old, beat up, brown 70's rocker, I have turned it into the rocking chair for the baby's room. I painted it white and then added a mocha glaze to make it look 'aged'. Thank goodness for sunny weather and zero voc paint. Otherwise, I would have to go until September without painting anything, and that just wouldn't d0. God help me from painting an elephant parade across the walls, but I fear it is only a matter of time.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Matt made pizza the other night and it was fabulous! Marinated portabello mushrooms and baby spinach! It was also beautiful, so I took a picture. We thought of another business idea, to add to the list- A family restaurant. Sometimes I wish I could stop having ideas and become really good at follow through!