Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thrift Store Treasure


So, I have a prized possession. I confess to liking it more then my Bob Dylan records and possibly as much as my cats. Where did I find this beauty? Well, it came from one of my favorite places, The Salvation Army. I find myself trolling around there at least once a week, waiting for some divine item to make itself known.
I paid $14.99 for this fully functional stand mixer, from the 1950's. It is one of the only electronic items I have ever purchased from a thrift store, knowing they never work. Yesterday I finally paid artistic homage and committed it to print. This weekend this little piece of my heart will be available in my Etsy shop as prints, and on flour sack towels at the end of the month. Maybe you will enjoy it as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. OK! So not only are you an amazing artist but a fantastic writter as well!!! I love it, not too wordy, great photos and funny.... Girl! You are kicking-ass!

    ReplyDelete