Monday, January 18, 2010

Home sweet home, a work in progress...


My husband and I have been remodeling our 1900 townhouse for almost 3 years. It has been a challenge to say the least, especially because we have lived here through all of the remodeling, and done it ALL ourselves. These are some pictures of the kitchen as it is now, this has been the major focus of our efforts. To begin with we had no insulation, drop ceilings, fake wood paneling and some really ugly broken cabinets. Our recent accomplishments are trim, crown, a butler's nook, primer and a faux tin ceiling. Last winter we put in cabinets and granite. Below is our restored 1950's stove, which looks cool but is a little to HOT for us. It cooks everything at about 100 degrees higher then it's set to. Matt bought and restored the stove for me because he knew I LOVE retro stoves. Very sweet. When we move our 220 line in 'phase 2' of the remodel, will get a new stove. Please notice my towel!


The curtains, and chair cushion were made by yours truly. I bought the chair at Salvation Army for $4.99, I covered the seat with fabric to match the curtains. You can kind of see the bar stools, which are also a thrift store find. They are 36" ladder backs, that where $15 for the pair. I repainted them and poof!

1 comment:

  1. you live in my dream house :) and i have a matt who is also thoughtful. we are very lucky girls! and i love the towel!

    ReplyDelete