Saturday, January 23, 2010

Timmy's in the well

This is our cat, Rascal. He is by no means a small creature, this picture is post weight loss, he was almost 20 lbs at one point. He got himself into a real predicament today.
A few months ago someone gave us a giant TV, and we graciously accepted. I made an equally giant stand for it out of 4 bookshelves. This stand has a small engineering flaw in which things as large as cats can jump down behind, and then can't get out. Rascal did this for the first time a few weeks ago and Matt had to reach down and pull him out by the scruff of his neck.
Today while I was working I kept hearing this strange scraping noise, I thought it was the furnace or something, naturally I ignored it. A few hours later I noticed Rascal was missing, this always puts me into a panic, because of the one time he did get outside. I walked into the living room and heard a yelp. I walked over to the TV stand.
AGAIN, he went in AGAIN!
So I reached down and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and pulled him out. He thanked me by attempting to bite me in the face.
Ain't he sweet?

2 comments:

  1. so where did "Timmy's in the Well" come from...I like it but can't place the reference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What's that Lassie? Timmy's in the well"

    ReplyDelete